6 days left
- Contract Type
To support the actuarial team by fulfilling data requests both internally and externally from the wider organisation. Work with Actuarial team and other functions across the business to improve data quality.
- Support the actuarial team by fulfilling data requests
- Developing an understanding of relevant data sources and systems used by the Actuarial team
- Extract and compile data into an appropriate format in order to fulfil data requests
- Reconcile compiled data back to various sources to validate
- Work with the actuarial team to explain the data available so requests can be better tailored
- For repeat data requests help automate reports to enable the requestor to self-serve where feasible
- Presenting findings where appropriate
- Document data used, assumptions made and any limitations with the data where appropriate
- Support ad hoc requests from the underwriting teams and other functions across the business for data and information.
- Work with Actuarial team and other functions across the business to improve data quality
Skills & experience
- Completion and attainment of an honours degree, ideally with mathematical content
Software / Programming Skills
- Knowledge of MS Excel (essential)
- SQL (very desirable)
Technical Actuarial / Statistical Skills
- Familiarity with jargon and practices in the Commercial Lines Insurance market (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to take on responsibility and deliver to deadlines
- Proactive and efficient
- Ensure quality and reasonableness checking of own work, including appropriate layout and documentation of data used and assumptions made.
- Ability to work using own initiative as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge and enthusiasm for the role and the general insurance industry.