Assistant Underwriter - Onshore Energy & Construction
- Contract Type
To assist the Onshore Energy and Construction underwriters and management to develop, grow and maintain a book of business in accordance with the approved underwriting guidelines and financial plan.
- Develop relationships with brokers and cedants in order to assist in the underwriting process. This will include but not be limited to maintaining contact for both upcoming and ongoing risks to assist in pushing these through to fruition and/or to follow up on risks to ensure they continue to move in the right direction.
- Assist in pre-underwriting of accounts. This will include but not be limited to performing clearance requests for other regions, coordination with engineering to ensure proper review, pre-population of rating tools, review of terms and conditions, etc.
- Coordination with Cat modelling team with primary responsibility to develop the Cat modelling upload sheets but also to provide details on risks that have been bound to ensure that the Cat modelling team's records match our contractual obligations.
- Take ownership of establishing and maintaining all electronic files to ensure consistency in documentation and adequacy of information retained.
- Development of MI to assist the business in premium monitoring and pipeline monitoring.
- Assist in the development of information and details required for corporate reporting purposes.
- Development of front sheets on bound risks to facilitate accurate data entry.
- Perform data quality checks on risks entered into Subscribe.
- Act as a liaison between Zurich and London-based underwriting operations to ensure smooth transactional run-off.
Skills & experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard.
- 2 years' experience in the insurance industry (underwriting experience a plus but not a requirement)
- Able to speak, write and communicate clearly.
- Computer (Microsoft Office) literate.
- Comfortable working in a team environment showing strong collaborative characteristics.
- Willingness to use own initiative within authorised parameters.