Searches Assistant / Intelligence Analyst / Fraud Analyst
Job Title: Searches Assistant
Salary: £17,000 - £22,000 per annum
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a dynamic, highly responsive commercial loss adjusting business with over 45 years' experience.
It is a trusted and secure provider of commercial loss adjusting services to major commercial insurers and its clients represent a major segment of the UK commercial insurance market.
Their core focus is delivering professional standards of technical excellence and superior levels of customer care. They have a passion for service delivery which sets them apart in their field.
They are looking for a Searches Assistant to reinforce their existing searches team, ideally based in their Birmingham office. Providing assistance by conducting company and personal financial searches, interpreting data and providing feedback by way of informal reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the insurance sector and have an understanding of the insurance industry, claims and underwriting. They will thrive working in a busy environment and an Accredited Counter Fraud Technician (ACFTech) qualification would be desirable.
- Review searches inbox and conduct searches as per Insurer requirements
- Review and check data in line with Statement of Fact or Proposal Form, understanding the implications of any discrepancies
- Undertaking searches using a range of databases such as CreditSafe and Companies House and interpreting results as well as open source internet searches using social media
- Understand and identify County Court Judgements
- Use of intelligence databases to attribute information to a person or address
- Identify adverse features, answer queries and providing clarification on information provided to the handling Loss Adjuster
- Understand the implications of legislation including GDPR on the release of information
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements at all times
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team
- Excellent internal customer service and communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach
You will have:
- Understanding of the insurance industry, claims and underwriting
- Knowledge of the Insurance Act
- Competent use of technology including Word and Excel
In return they offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Death in Service benefit
- EAP Scheme
- 20 days holiday
They operate as an equal opportunities employer and they welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
They use a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by them will be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Insurance Claims Handler, Claim Handler, Customer Claims Executive, Third Party Intervention Handler, Trainee Claims Handler, Junior Claims Handler, Claims Customer Service, Insurance Claims, Fraudulent Claims Handler, Insurance Fraud, Personal Injury Claims Handler, Case Handler, Claims Assistant will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Searches Assistant / Intelligence Analyst / Fraud Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly