Senior Expense Analyst
Responsibility for expense reporting, planning and analysis across the business globally.
- Reporting and analysis of global expenses and FTE positions, including budget, actual and reforecast including commentary for management reports and other adhoc reporting.
- Highlight trends and risks in expenses against budget to assist management in challenging the business on expense matters, and ensure that appropriate controls are in place to eliminate excessive, wasteful or inappropriate spending by the business.
- Business partner to allocated workstreams and management to explain expense results and provide assistance and support as necessary to develop the workstreams understanding.
- Focus on continuous improvement to align and enhance global expense planning, processing and reporting to create consistency across the global business.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Segment and platform teams as well as with Group and Entity Finance functions to develop business plans and improve the reporting of actuals.
- Monitor global actuals to ensure accuracy of results reported and deliver reports and analysis in a timely manner.
- Manage all aspects of the global expense business planning process including working with workstreams to collate and capture expense plans, enter data into the system accurately and on time, provide assistance and support to workstreams and management, update allocations model, manage the expense model and provide relevant reports and analysis insights.
- Maintain and manage expense processing, systems and reports including hierarchies, cost centres, mappings and invoice approval matrixes.
- Adhoc Invoice Processing.
- Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations.
- To operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives.
- Continuous working towards improvement of expense reporting, offering opinions on expense savings.
- Focus on embedding Anaplan into the business by becoming an expert with the planning tool, including assisting with training of others & offering support to the business where needed.
Skills & experience
Professional accounting qualification, ACA, ACCA, CIMA and previous experience in the Insurance/financial services industry. At least 4 years' experience is required in expense accounting.
- Excellent finance/accountancy skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong business relationships across a global business
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven planning and organisation skills
- Ability to effectively manage workload and prioritise tasks to complete within a given time frame
- Very strong IT skills (reporting tools and Microsoft Office), especially Microsoft Excel
- Continuous improvement focus, enhancing processes and quality of output
- Ability to think and plan strategically to add value to the expense reporting process across a global business