Senior R&D Tax Consultant
The aim of the Senior R&D Consultant role is to provide two key functions; firstly to manage and develop relationships with a portfolio of accountants, associations and other intermediaries working with them to identify and act upon areas of opportunity for the business. The second part of the role involves working with the businesses identified to help them make a claim for the relevant tax relief.
- Managing an existing UK based client and intermediary portfolio.
- Actively developing new relationships with UK-wide accountancy firms, trade associations and other intermediaries and maintaining existing relationships.
- Identifying relevant clients who may benefit from our services.
- Presenting to accountants, clients, trade shows and other suitable audiences.
- Attending client meetings and documenting the R&D undertaken in the relevant financial period.
- Documenting and analysing client R&D expenditure.
- Preparing corporation tax computations whilst advising clients on the most tax efficient way to utilise the tax reliefs being claimed.
- Providing HMRC with detailed technical and financial reports of client activity and dealing with any follow up communication as required.
- Overseeing and developing junior members of staff.
Skills & experience
- The role involves face-to-face meetings with both accountants and clients so the applicant should have client facing experience and the ability to discuss potentially complex tax matters in a simple way.
- The successful candidate will have a willingness to work across the country covering different areas - it is not expected that the role will involve just one particular region or area (eg 'the north' or Wales).
- Due to the role involving the preparation of detailed technical reports, outstanding written English skills and strong numerical competence are essential.
- The ideal candidate will be a recently qualified finance professional with qualifications in tax and accountancy considered.
Pursuit of excellence
*Consistently provides quality work products
*Adapts behaviour to reflect the style of others to foster effective working relationships
*Finds the most efficient and practical means of overcoming challenges
*Actively looks for solutions to customer problems
*Seeks to further knowledge of customer needs
*Builds relationships with customers and responds to needs by demonstrating tact, empathy and professionalism
*Seeks the best and most direct option to accomplish tasks
*Demonstrates effective organisation skills
*Applies logic and draws accurate conclusions from information
*Helps others succeed
*Approaches change in a positive manner
*Listens for and acts on key information
*Holds self and others accountable to ethical standards
*Takes ownership and accountability for own development
*Shows accountability and resilience in achieving goals