Motor Engineer - Desk Based
Due to continued growth, a new opportunity has arisen to join a well-known Insurance establishment as a desk-based Motor Engineer.
You will be responsible for estimate validation of vehicle repairs provided by repairers and dealerships. The process requires experience of dealerships' working methodologies, estimate creation and commercial objectives.
- Establish best repair method for the claimed damage in line with manufacturers' guidelines
- Validate the correct hourly rate applied and challenge the labour hours claimed /appropriate repair method
- Review the claimed costs and determine the most appropriate method of repair in line with the manufacturers' standards
- Validate appropriateness of parts replacements and parts used
- Validate the paint prices based on manufacturer approved paints and application of discounts as per the contract/procedural guidelines
- Interrogation of the number of hours used to complete the repair
- Categorisation of claims into manufacturers' severity categories, substandard, total loss and of total loss vehicles following ABI code of practice
- Clear and concise client/ internal reporting
- Negotiate repair figures appropriately that satisfies all parties involved
- Identify and agree areas of damage relating to specific incident circumstances (used vehicles)
- Engineer all types of vehicles as required
- Place valuations on vehicle using common valuation systems
Should I apply?
We are considering candidates from a similar role or with Body shop estimating experience in the automotive industry looking to utilise their skills in a desk-based role - either in the office in Ipswich or working from home.
You must have effective ICT skills including use of Excel and MS Office.
How will I be rewarded?
- 25 days holiday per annum after 2 years' service rises by 1 day each year to a max 30days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Death in service benefit
- Amazon Voucher on your Birthday (£20)
- Sports and Social events (Christmas Party etc)
Apply for Motor Engineer - Desk Based
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly