Reinsurance Claims Adjuster
To adjust proportional treaty claims across the following classes of business; property, casualty and specialty, within a designated individual authority limit and assist in the technical management and control of a claims portfolio. To provide a prompt and efficient service to the market and protect the company's financial interests by ensuring the validity of claims payments and adequate reserving.
Additionally providing support on excess of loss claims within the same business classes.
- Adjust and authorise claim settlements and fees within designated individual authority limits.
- Provide a prompt and responsive service to clients and brokers to ensure that the Business remains industry leading in claims management.
- Liaise and negotiate with clients, brokers and lawyers in the adjustment and settlement of claims. This may include overseas travel.
- Work closely with, whilst monitoring the performance of, external service providers and escalate any issues which may occur to ensure Business data is current and accurate.
- Assist with the preparation for, and participate in where appropriate, client auditing and visiting programmes.
- Organise the provision of administrative services, maintain records and provide management information.
- Operate and utilise the in-house IT systems and that of external service providers for data input, data interrogation and report generation as required.
- Preparation for and attendance at quarterly reserving meetings with underwriters and actuaries.
- Contribute to "Claims Best Practice" groups and committees as and when required.
- Report production and circulation including input, updating, review and interrogation of claims data.
- Process advices and settlements on the appropriate external system, e.g. CLASS, ECF2 and on the appropriate internal workflow system.
- Discuss with the team, set and regularly review additional case reserves where necessary to ensure reserves reflect the ultimate outcome as early as possible in the life of the claim.
- Deal with telephone and other correspondence queries for brokers and clients, or make appropriate referrals.
Skills & experience
- 2 years+ relevant market experience.
- 'A' Level/Degree and/or other relevant qualification(s)
- Progress towards Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) examinations preferred but not essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good critical reasoning, numerical reasoning, problem solving, analytical and creative thinking skills
- Technical and presentation skills suitable for a professional environment
- Adaptability to change in a fluid commercial environment.