Claims Adjuster - VCT
1 day left
- Contract Type
The Claims department aim to be market-leaders in the provision of an efficient, cost-effective and professional service to our brokers and clients. Our vision is to be the most customer focused, nimble and value adding claims team in the market. We strive to be pro-active and flexible in the management of claims whilst maintaining our integrity.
There are seven divisions; Cyber, Energy, Marine, Personal Accident, Contingency and Entertainment (PACE), Equine, Trade Credit, Political Risk and Surety (TCPRS) and Professional and Financial Risks (PFR). The Volume Claims Team (VCT) is an integral part of the Claims department and currently handles a broad range of claims on behalf of the Marine and PFR claims teams focussing on high volume and low value/complexity. VCT is comprised of 7 claims adjusters, 1 claims assistant and the manager.
The claims adjuster in this role will be handling claims from cradle to grave arising out of our Professional Lines book of business and will be working closely with our PFR team (10 claims staff) and the other 5 VCT adjusters who handle similar types of claims. The Professional Financial lines book of business covers a broad range of UK and international claims within three main sectors; Professions PI, Financial Institutions, Management Liability and Emerging Risks.
Duties and accountabilities
- Manage claims, including third party agreements (TPA) and service providers in line with the claims philosophy, reserving philosophy, Style and Claims Handling Manual.
- Drive, facilitate and deliver a customer focused approach to claims which is measurable through: speed of service and open, honest and personable communications with all brokers and (re)insureds.
- Be collaborative in your approach by sharing any best practice improvements with the other team members or claims teams.
- Treat customers fairly and report any complaints immediately so that these can be addressed quickly. Notify any potential or actual conflicts of interest in accordance with our procedures.
- Ensure all claims are managed in accordance with stipulated turnaround times. Review workloads and claim counts regularly and escalate any concerns you have to your Claims Manager.
- Effectively use all systems (this includes the reporting and data interrogation tools available for interpreting claims information) for the benefit of the Underwriters, Actuaries and daily management of the team's claims, clients and portfolios.
- Provide high quality commentary on relevant movements, highlighting significant notifications, claim trends or developments.
- Ensure peer reviews are completed and any actions arising are completed, evidenced and escalated as appropriate.
- Maintain good working relationships with the PFR claims team, underwriting team, Actuarial team and Outwards Reinsurance Team. Provide feedback on claims experiences, contract wordings, claims data or feedback for any renewal to the respective Claims Managers and underwriters.
- Support an organised broker interaction program on an annual basis; build and maintain relationships with key brokers and escalate feedback received on our service to provide a more customer focused, nimble and value-adding claims service.
- Proactively work with the rest of the VCT to shape the systems, processes and procedures to enable the VCT to achieve its objectives.
- Contribute through own work to achieve the KPI's set in the annual Claims Business Plan and to identify areas of improvement in the Team and to provide proactive feedback to the VCT Manager.
- Escalate any issues to management as required under the Claims Handling Manual and raise any areas of uncertainty promptly so that they can be resolved.
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have experience in handling PI/FI claims, but candidates with no claims or insurance experience will also be considered as long as they demonstrate passion for claims handling. Training will be provided.
- Be educated to a minimum of A-Level standard or equivalent
- Demonstrate strong written and spoken communication skills in the English language
- Have good IT (Microsoft Office) skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and ability to use or learn our in-house systems
- Possess strong independent organisational skills