Model Research Analyst
- Contract Type
This position will provide support to the CRM team in the area of model research and development. Individuals will have a background in geophysical or meteorological sciences at a PHD level. They will preferably have some familiarity with catastrophe modelling as an analyst and / or through model validation or model development.
- Working with the CRM project manager devise a plan for the assessment of the 3rd party models licensed by the business.
- Actively participate in model validation. Review 3rd party catastrophe model methodologies identifying strengths and weaknesses. Opine on the suitability of models and develop adjustments where appropriate.
- Support underwriters by offering technical advice on models. Provide feedback on the appropriateness of broker view and market adjustments.
- Develop alternative approaches for assessing non-modeled cat risk for pricing and accumulation.
- Work closely with global CRM analysts including collaboration and review of analysis work undertaken by others.
- Provide catastrophe modelling support for pricing, risk selection, and portfolio accumulation as required.
- Assume active role in Business's approach to climate change.
Skills & experience
- PHD who has recently completed their doctorate in the natural hazard sciences required
- 2 years of catastrophe modelling or related work experience desired
- Technical knowledge of vendor models advantageous (RMS/AIR/EQE)
- Awareness of best practice and emerging trends
- Familiar with handling and assessing large data sets.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Proficient user of analytical tools including Microsoft Office suite, SQL, VBA Programming.
- Literate in other programming or statistical languages beneficial
- Ability to interact and collaborate within a team environment