Credit Control Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
To ensure all credit control related operations and processes are being performed in a timely, effective and efficient manner. You will be the key contact between Operations & Finance.
- To ensure all credit control related operations and processes are being performed in a timely, effective and efficient manner with evidence thereof.
- To liaise with entity CUO's and CFO's with respect to credit control matters and escalation of exceptional items.
- To ensure that all credit control reporting, both internal and external, is prepared on a timely and consistent basis and that full liaison is maintained with all internal departments and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- To ensure that the credit control team complies with internal and external standards and regulatory requirements as appropriate.
- To provide a focal point for credit control matters for both internal and external parties including finance, operations, underwriting, brokers, insureds, reinsurers, etc.
- To oversee and manage the credit control team including setting its objectives, strategy, performance review, development and wellbeing.
- To ensure all credit control related data and MI is produced accurately and on time for inclusion in internal and external reporting.
- To assist with any projects as may be identified from time to time for which input is required from the credit control area.
Skills & experience
- A professional accounting qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years' post qualification experience preferably gained in an insurance/reinsurance operations environment
- Working knowledge of the Xchanging messaging service and Insurance Premium Tax (IPT)
- Working knowledge and experience of US GAAP or IFRS for insurance accounting
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (previous experience with Oracle and SAP Concur preferred but not required)
- Ability to supervise, motivate and control the work of a small team, including performance reviews and identifying and meeting training needs
- Ability to work effectively as part of the wider finance team and collaborate with other key stakeholders across different functions within the organization
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of applications with advanced Excel skills
- Ability and willingness to work extended working hours and weekends as needed