Underwriter - Property & Casualty
Property & Casualty Underwriter
Location: Home / City of London
Starting Salary : to £55,000 + annual bonus & benefits
Until the end of 2020 this role will be home based and full training and on-boarding support will be provided. When Covid-19 restrictions ease the role will be on a home/office split basis.
An opportunity for an experienced property & casualty underwriter to join a leading,City based, insurance company to underwrite UK risks and reverse flow policies for global insurance programmes with regards to a designated portfolio of clients.
Scope of Role and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite new business and renewals within underwriting authorities, guidelines and reinsurance protections.
- Provide underwriting control and active support to a broad spectrum of clients from multinational blue chip organisations to smaller localised companies.
- Provide cradle to grave support to allocated clients.
- Provide technical knowledge and input in the drafting of policies.
- Provide accurate information to processing team relating to all aspects of the policy.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with Insureds, Brokers and Facultative Reinsurers.
- Build a strong working relationship with the Account Executive team to develop existing and potential client relationships.
- Undertake and manage projects as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
> Solid underwriting experience in property and casualty lines.
> Previous involvement in international insurance markets is desirable.
> A proven track record of developing and maintaining broker relationships.
> Good communication, negotiation and client facing skills.
> Detailed knowledge of UK Property and Casualty insurance.
> Confident and numerate.
> Ability to work under pressure.
REF : 7758
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Underwriter - Property & Casualty
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly