Capital Management Analyst
The key function of the Capital Markets team is in the development of tools and the performance of quantitative analysis to aid strategic decision-making by the business, and to provide consultancy support.
- Key member of the Capital Management team, with an emphasis on data manipulation, collation and analysis to assist in decision-making and execution of the business strategy.
- Provide report development and prepare advanced Excel modelling outputs for regulators, rating agencies and other stakeholders.
- Produce quarterly reports required by the capital management team within a formal framework.
- Key understanding of capital management activities across regulators and rating agency models.
- Develop understanding of the technical subtleties across various capital models, and contribute to proposals on capital treatment for non-standard contract arrangements
- Contribute to the communication and coordination of capital management activities across our platforms (Bermuda, Lloyds, U.K. and U.S.) and various departments.
- Direct the development of efficiencies and best practices with an emphasis on continuous improvements.
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis and projects through building models to support our strategic objectives.
Skills & experience
- Greater than 2 years' experience within the (re)insurance industry is preferred
- Internationally recognized actuarial designation, accounting designation or working towards a professional designation
- Experience with quantitative models is an asset, such as working knowledge of rating agency or regulatory models
- Strong technical, quantitative analysis and problem solving skills coupled with an enthusiasm for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is essential (Advanced Level), including proven ability to handle large volumes of complex data and ability to prepare professional presentations
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Proactive, self-motivated with a team orientation
- Strong work ethic and high energy, an individual who strives for excellence