6 days left
- Contract Type
Leading Global insurer are recruiting for an ambitious Underwriting Assistant to join their growing team in Dublin.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide underwriting and administrative support to Underwriters
- Support the pre-underwriting process focusing on review of historical performance, policy wordings, and pricing adequacy based upon predefined underwriting rules and/or guidelines.
- Liaise with the placing broker throughout the underwriting cycle and policy period to ensure receipt of all necessary documents and manage any credit control issues.
- Monitor and report contract performance on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with Account Receivable collections when required.
- Accountable for completeness of contents of underwriting package prior to handover to Underwriter for risk analysis/risk selection process.
- Accountable for accuracy and completeness of data entry.
- Manage all administrative requirements for the Underwriting team.
- Liaise with Underwriters to confirm policy issuance instructions for policies, endorsements, forms, notices, certificates, etc.
- Perform pre-analysis support for submissions, endorsements, and other incoming documents based upon predefined underwriting rules and/or guidelines
- Monitoring premium payments and liaising with credit control, ensuring premiums are received before premium due date
Skills & experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and progress towards ACII or other relevant commercial insurance industry designations
- Basic knowledge of commercial insurance and regulatory requirements
- Basic competency in MS Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe Standard required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively and professionally with diverse groups
- Proven prioritisation and time management skills and ability to triage workload essential within a deadline intensive working environment.
- High level of numeric competency combined with ability to perform detail-oriented qualitative review are required in order to adequately digest risk submissions.
- Must be able to self-lead effectively and work effectively both independently and with teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage accurate thoughtful detail-oriented work within tight deadlines and/or while working extended work days.