Business Development Manager (Midlands)
Reporting to the Sales Director of this niche insurance provider, this is a regional sales role with responsibility for generating new business sales in the Midlands. Specific duties to include:
- Working with the Sales Director to meet agreed premium targets and achieve year on year new business revenue growth
- Identifying and securing profitable new revenue through prospective clients.
- Prospecting for new business with agreed identified targets through a combination of telesales and field sales activities.
- Acting as a relationship manager for designated clients, in collaboration with the Underwriters, ensure quotations are followed up on, either directly or through the Underwriter.
- Ensuring any business quoted for which is not won, is followed up on, and providing detailed reports and/or feedback
- Assisting in the creation of business cases to introduce products and new business lines.
- Working alongside the Marketing team to raise the company profile.
In order to be considered for this exciting new opportunity, candidates must be able to demonstrate
- Ability to effectively build and manage a pipeline of opportunities simultaneously.
- Experience of constructing and delivering high-quality presentations and communications.
- Excellent customer service skills, with strong and effective negotiation and influencing skills to engage customers in order to maximise risk placement and income.
- Commercial approach, with a willingness to challenge, and be challenged, in a positive and constructive manner.
- Able to understand and manage customer responsiveness and expectations.
- Ability to develop and sustain strong working relationships with colleagues as part of a wider team.
Experience gained to date must be within a busy, sales focussed environment including telesales and field sales within the Insurance sector.
This insurance product is predominantly sold to the Legal profession, and consequently previous experience selling to this sector as well as developing business with insurance brokers would be useful
This is a home based role however you will be required to travel to the London office for a Sales meeting once every month
Apply for Business Development Manager (Midlands)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly