Head of Actuarial Development - Reinsurance
Oliver James Associates are representing a global provider of client-focused reinsurance solutions it offers to new and existing clients in many European markets.
Our client has undergone a period of significant growth in recent years. To support the expansion of their actuarial leadership team, they are now recruiting a Head of Actuarial Development.
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial, the Head of Actuarial Development will play a leading role in the continued development of the Actuarial function. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of bespoke, complex and innovative reinsurance solutions while working closely with a variety of senior stakeholders
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of direct and indirect reports, ensuring that they achieve and contribute to their maximum potential and aspire to the highest professional standards in their work.
- Manage the suite of actuarial assumptions (including mortality, mortality improvements, lapse, expense, interest and inflation) ensuring all items of judgement are understood and appropriately documented.
- Provide advice and feedback (actuarial basis, modelling, liabilities and capital) to the business development teams on new business propositions and subsequently support the associated transaction implementation.
- Support the new business approvals process
- Provide general actuarial oversight and ensure compliance with Group internal policies, professional standards, and regulatory guidelines.
- Play a key leadership role in actuarial projects collaborating with the Actuarial Reporting, Business Development, Finance, Operations and Risk functions as required.
- Champion the use of new technologies and keep pace with changing demands and requirements.
- Keep up to date with emerging experience and best practice through engagement with colleagues
The ideal candidate will have:
- An actuarial qualification with significant post-qualification experience.
- Proven leadership skills and experience in leading a high-performing team of professionals in a fast-paced complex environment.
- An ability to build an inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes collaboration, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Significant experience in a senior actuarial role and a strong track record of successful execution at the senior management level.
- A demonstrated capacity to build relationships, gain trust and command respect at all levels.
- A credible voice speaking to senior decision-makers
- Well-developed professional judgement and be at ease balancing urgency and importance.
- Highly refined verbal and written communication skills and in particular, an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to different audiences.
- An understanding of the different regulatory landscapes.
- A strong work ethic, a willingness to work to a flexible schedule and to travel occasionally.
- An appetite to work effectively in partnership with senior management
Our client offers unrivalled above market salary and benefits package along with a clearly defined career path.
For more information please apply via the below link.
Apply for Head of Actuarial Development - Reinsurance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly