Senior Compliance Consultant
Senior Compliance Consultant - London
Our Client - a leading worldwide Insurance Group - are looking for a bright and engaging Compliance professional who is able to review current Business processes and identify weakness and areas for change across all areas of the Company.
If you can assess a situation and plan ahead to avoid potentially costly mistakes, then you'll be tasked with monitoring their Operating model ensuring the management and implementation of policies, procedures and controls that minimise business risk.
While this is a Compliance and Risk Control role you will be seated in the Business so you will be responsible for, and own, their first-line operating model so you can play an integral part in minimising your Business Units risks.
However while you'll be very independent you will be part of a talented and experienced team who will be there to support you all the way. As you know, working with complex International businesses, this will be a challenging role and you will need to think creatively to make sure what you do and recommend will not only safeguard the business but also help it to be more efficient.
To make a difference to our Client's business and be successful in this Compliance role you will already have working knowledge of the Insurance industry along with strong communication skills, used to contributing at Senior levels, high level of accuracy with strong attention to detail and have an aptitude for the understanding and application of regulatory, policy and procedural requirements.
As Senior Compliance Consultant your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that Group policies and procedures are understood by the business and adhered to
- Reviewing and testing existing controls to make sure they are fit for purpose
- Managing control testing in a timely manner within deadlines
- Undertaking gap analysis, identifying trends and highlighting enhancements
- Reporting internally and externally, owning your recommendations
- Conducting internal/external audits to ensure agreed practices are being adhered to
- Managing complex queries from all operational areas of the business
- Liaising with all areas of the Company including IT, Legal, Compliance and Risk
In return you will be given a challenging and interesting role within a growing Compliance and Risk team who will provide excellent career progression within a leading worldwide organisation.
Our Client is successfully operating remotely in the current restrictions and is flexible about working arrangements but in the future, it is likely there will be some need to visit the Company's offices.