Insurance Risk Manager
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
Accountabilities for the role:
- Assist in the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of all insurance risks, gross and net of reinsurance, material to AIG in the UK and EMEA
- Provide challenge and questioning on the management of Insurance risks. This includes providing input into the annual ORSA, business plan risk review, and updating of business plan risk watch list
- Work closely with the legal entity teams (UK and AESA) to assist with regulatory requirements such as economic model submissions and stress testing
- Contribute to the development of risk management information, advising on the data requirements to support monitoring of insurance risks and their Key Risk Indicators
- Work closely with the Economic Capital Modelling team; in particular, provide input for the man-made catastrophe calibration and review the insurance risk calibration
- Provide input into the Insurance risk appetite and monitor risk profile to address timely potential breaches
- Assist in the maintenance of effective systems and controls regarding exposure to aggregations of insurance risk within and across lines at the UK and AESA entity level
- Work with Actuarial, establishing regular reviews of the UK and EMEA pricing and reserving processes, as well as identifying key drivers of risks and trends
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Insurance Risk
- Technical underwriting and quantitative portfolio analysis experience and experience of managing cross product line risk aggregation.
- Knowledge and practical experience of actuarial techniques or a qualified Actuary
- Familiarity with Solvency II requirements including ORSA and economic capital
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree a plus
- Strong working knowledge and familiarity of the insurance industry
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a geographically dispersed team
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.