Business Development Analyst, Broker & Client Engagement
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
AIG have exciting opportunities for a Business Development Analyst to support the International Broker & Client Engagement team to utilise AIG and customer data to identify profitable growth opportunities and build relationships with key brokers. The role will focus on mining pipeline data for new business opportunities which align with AIG appetite and sales initiatives. This will involve collaboration with internal staff in the Product Lines, Marketing, and the International geographies, as well as championing broker systems and acting as a point of contact. They will also be responsible for ensuring activities are FCA compliant, adhering to agreed governance standards.
Job Responsibilities -
- Develop an understanding of AIG’s risk appetite and underlying profitability drivers
- Apply the understanding of risk appetite and profitability to mine broker pipeline data for growth opportunities including cross/up selling by Product and geography
- Utilise AIG data, including historical quote trends, lost account details, claims history etc to further refine identified opportunities
- Collaborate with broker & client engagement and Product/geographies to review findings and identify targets
- Use Salesforce CRM platform to manage and track targets and support sales initiatives and plans
- Analyse data to identify market trends and develop insights
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key brokers, understanding their placement strategies, focus and priority areas
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all internal stakeholders
- Expectation to become proficient with our In house systems (Salesforce, IDive, KPI 2.0 & Sharepoint)
- Act as platform champion for AIG Salesforce use and each of the broker systems for the UK (e.g. Aon Insight, Marsh MarketConnect etc)
Job Requirements -
- Ability to optimise data modelling and visualisation tools
- Compliance, FCA and Legal awareness
- Some working knowledge of insurance products, including features and benefits
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills
- Operate within a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to be flexible, learning on the job and maintaining a can-do attitude
- Strong analytical, quantitative and communication skills
- Highly motivated and results-oriented team player with good interpersonal skills
The Ideal Candidate will have the requirements above and -
- Excelled in previous work experience
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement
- Be an enthusiastic individual who is committed to a career in the insurance industry
- Proficient in either French, Italian, German or Spanish
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.