Multinational Client Executive
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
AIG’s Multinational business is an exciting area within General Insurance that will challenge you every day to explore new opportunities for our clients worldwide. As a trusted advisor, you will tailor multinational insurance solutions for our global clients, empowering them to operate across borders with confidence and consistency. Partner with a dynamic, global team of experts, including underwriters, risk engineers, and analytics and claims professionals, to design, implement and service multinational insurance programs. This includes issuing timely policies, providing regulatory advice, sharing local knowledge, supporting efficient money movement capabilities and deploying large fronted limits. AIG Multinational professionals have the diverse skills and expertise necessary to deliver customized, compliant and seamless solutions that support our clients’ risk management objectives. With in-depth knowledge of local markets, practices and regulations, Multinational provides world-class insurance solutions and helps clients successfully navigate their cross-border risks, wherever in
the world their businesses take them.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial
and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through
a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
Represent AIG as the central point of Multinational client & program management, coordinating communication, and project management across all internal and external stakeholders in respect to program design, implementation and ongoing client service for an assigned portfolio of Multinational clients and to support new business. Act as external facing strategic account manager and technical expert. Subject matter expert on all aspects of Multinational and non-conventional insurance programs. Work with internal stakeholders to drive profitable growth.
About the role
What you need to know:
- Act as the Multinational "Account Manager/Project Manager/go-to-person" for all lines of coverage for assigned multinational clients and support new business.
- Lead all pre & post bind activities (including meetings) on allocated portfolio across relevant stakeholders (including but not limited to: Clients, Brokers, Underwriters, Client & Broker Engagement, Multinational colleagues, Network Partners, Shared Services) in alignment with AIG Multinational's Process using agreed multinational knowledge, workflow, network communication & program administration tools.
- Multinational deal architect for complex risk transfer and non-conventional insurance programs.
- Direct and coordinate activities of Multinational Client Coordinator/Multinational Client Administrator/Shared Services on allocated portfolio.
- Proactively manage all stakeholders to design programs prior to inception and agree, implement, deliver and monitor the scope of service agreement on all allocated accounts and related service solutions that meet or exceed agreed client service expectations/ service level agreements (SLA's).
- Lead the articulation of AIG’s value proposition to clients and brokers so that all parties understand and commit to roles, responsibilities and expected timelines.
- Support the positive and profitable growth of assigned complex multinational programs through the development and management of broker and client relationships & strategies in collaboration with relevant Product (All Lines) & Client & Broker Engagement colleagues.
- Support broader Multinational Growth strategies, Business Development, Thought Leadership and training as appropriate.
- Engage the Regional Multinational Claims Executive prior to program inception to ensure timely development of Multinational Claims Bulletins/Protocols.
- Provide Multinational subject matter expertise (SME) and be an escalation point to support colleagues in respect of multinational program design, country information and/or Multinational related problem solving as required on a daily basis and through involvement in delivery of more structured training.
- Build strong relationships with Product line and Distribution personnel and underwriters to promote AIG Multinational.
- Help identify, support and contribute to internal and external strategies that align our product offerings and grow AIG multinational business.
- Retention of accounts and development support for new lines and programme structures are the key deliverables
- Management of Allocation to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date on assigned portfolio.
What we’re looking for:
- Min 5 years insurance experience, preferably client servicing (broker or company)
- Strong technical knowledge of multinational programs with an intimate knowledge of territorial issues and multinational account service systems and processes
- Experience / extensive knowledge in multiple lines of business, preferably experience of working with multinational corporations
- Experience handling large captive programs and multinational corporations.
- Experience in non-conventional insurance programs/captive reinsurance
- Excellent knowledge of commercial insurance products and market practices
- Process oriented / Strong administration skills
- Computer literacy required: IT packages, MS Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and ability to work autonomously and on own initiative
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize work and meet tight deadlines/ SLAs
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and influence outcomes
- Ability to identify operational improvements and gain technical knowledge / experience to carry out those improvements
- Client focused with significant experience of dealing with senior client personnel / risk managers and client board level representatives as well as senior colleagues, including Executive Management
- Ability to motivate others to achieve common goal; proven record of being a team player
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the following skills:
o Relationship management
o Customer service
o Interpersonal skills
A look at our benefits (For U.S. and UK only)
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.