Trainee Commercial Underwriter
Our Client has a rare and exciting opportunity as a Trainee Commercial Underwriter in their very successful new business team.
While Underwriting experience will be beneficial, if you have either Broking experience or Insurance sales experience, their fantastic training can enable you to re-train into Commercial Underwriting - Thats right, Commercial experience is NOT an essential requirement for this vacancy!
In this role you will focus on high quality underwriting for profit, providing a consistent top quality service to your Brokers and building strong relationships.
You will underwrite Commercial risks from a designated panel of Brokers and support the wider team.
Your main responsibilities will include:-
- Underwrite new business profitably and accurately.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with your Brokers.
- Produce timely and accurate documentation.
- Assist colleagues with technical and procedural aspects of underwriting.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate:
- Experience of working in Insurance
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- A natural sales drive, the desire to develop business and build a successful Underwriting career.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Opportunity to buy and sell extra holiday
- Company & Performance related bonus on top of your salary
- Free live online fitness classes
- Discounted shopping vouchers scheme
Whilst you will be working 35 hours per week, this includes a mixture of home and office working, and as our Client are big on achieving a healthy work/life balance they will be happy to talk about flexible options that suit your needs.
Apply for Trainee Commercial Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly