Verlingue are an established, prominent independent family owned Insurance Broker & Employee Benefits Consultancy with the long-term vision of becoming the recognised leading business of this type in Europe. Operating from offices throughout France, Switzerland and the UK, Verlingue employ over 1,000 people, have income of around €100M and place nearly €2BN of premiums on behalf of clients.
- In the UK we trade under the names Verlingue and NBJ London Markets.
- We employ 180 people and have offices located in Egham, Redhill, the City of London and Manchester.
- Verlingue are leading corporate Insurance Brokers providing Insurance, Risk Management and Employee Benefit services to businesses and Private Clients.
- NBJ London Markets are a specialist Lloyds & London Market broker providing access to unique products and services with capabilities to place business internationally.
- We identify with high standards of knowledge, professionalism and ethical practices throughout the organisation. We are recognised as part of an exclusive group of fewer than 200 Chartered Insurance Brokers.
- Ranked in the top 10 independent commercial insurance broking businesses in the UK, placing £135M of premium.
- Clients range from FTSE 250 to SME, HNW / connected Private Clients and other Retail brokers.
- Our success is based around our people delivering high quality service, excellent working relationships and meaningful results for our clients, including provision of a single stop advisory service. We offer the certainty of long-term relationships to clients, our insurer market and our people. This sets us apart from our competitors.
- For further background please visit www.verlingue.co.uk and www.nbjlondonmarkets.com
• Provide a day-to-day technical, competent, responsive and efficient administrative service to clients.
• Client retention through the provision of a professional service to clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements; to advise, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium.
• To comply with regulatory requirements, industry codes of practice and the Company’s own procedures and rules.
• Must work on the principle of treating customers fairly and behave in an ethical manner.
• Liaise with Manager as to method of obtaining renewal information and preparation of renewal questionnaire
• To prepare complete, clear and accurate broking presentations in line with departmental standards, so that negotiations with underwriters produce the most competitive premiums and best insurance coverage for clients
• To process renewal and all other invoices and documentation within the office timescales
• To ensure that declarations in respect of year end adjustable policies are collected as soon as possible after renewal
Day to day servicing
• To ensure that all additional cover requested during the year is advised to insurers immediately and confirmed in writing.
• To keep Manager informed of significant developments
• To check and process policy documents/endorsements, together with invoices for accuracy prior to dispatch to clients
• To ensure that all records (file and computer) are accurate during the currency of the insurance to reduce Errors & Omissions exposure
• To ensure records are archived as appropriate
• To provide risk management data in an agreed format
• To refer all complaints to the Complaints Officer immediately
• To refer any potential Errors & Omissions immediately to Director and or Compliance Manager
• To provide a positive contribution to the team objectives
• To answer the telephone, ensuring that information given is accurately recorded
• To make records of all conversations and meetings with customers and/or insurers, or other relevant business contact
• To update knowledge of insurance market as & when developments occur
• To continue improvement in technical insurance knowledge
• To liaise with accounts department as and when required
• To carry out tasks which from time to time may reasonably be requested by a senior member of staff
• To ensure self-development through attendance at Technical Seminars, Courses, Professional Studies etc.
• To ensure diary checks are maintained
• Minimum of 3 years in the insurance industry preferably with Commercial experience
• Acturis system – useful but not essential
• A background in on-line broking systems is required
• Excellent and accurate administration & communication skills
• Networking / influencing skills
• Problem solving ability
• Ability to utilise IT for maximum advantage
• Competitive salary depending upon qualification for role and experience
• Private Medical insurance, Life Assurance, Disability insurance
Commencement date - ASAP
Apply for Account Handler
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly