Business Development Manager - Professional Services
Avencia Consulting are currently working on behalf of a leading provider of Fee Protection Insurance and Tax & Consultancy Services to accountancy firms, looking to hire an ambitious Business Development Manager at an exciting period within their growth.
Following the rebranding of the business and as part of an exciting development plan an opportunity exists for an experienced sales and relationship manager to help the Incentives and Reliefs and Tax Consultancy divisions identify new income opportunities and grow their market share in the Midlands and East of the UK.
The team compromises of a group of specialist R&D Tax consultants based in Sheffield, supported by teams operating from Rugby and London with sales and relationship management owned by home based development managers covering the South, Midlands and North.
The specialist division of Incentives & Reliefs is one of the UK's largest specialist R&D tax advice providers and has a technically strong team of Chartered Tax Advisers, Chartered Accountants and ex-HMRC Inspectors. The team also provides other tax consultancy services including work on Patent Box, Grant Funding, Creative Industries Tax Relief and Capital Allowances.
- Grow the territory through both the stewardship of existing connections and acquisition of new business opportunities
- Create, maintain and exploit a live pipeline of new business opportunities through a process of rigorous customer profiling and qualification
- Work with the R&D and tax consultancy teams as well as other areas of the business to develop, pitch and convert compelling customer propositions
- Actively contribute to the groups tactical marketing plan through the provision and distribution of content, as well as the planning and execution of carefully targeted events
- Own the on-boarding, implementation and review of new clients to ensure they deliver their projected income - including the provision of customer training as needed
- Demonstrate a high level of sales professionalism and discipline through timely and accurate activity reporting, maintenance of CRM and documentation of meetings
Skills & experience* Previous experience from the professional services sector is preferred
* Demonstrable experience in a previous sales role is essential