Senior Property And Casualty Underwriter
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Property and Casualty Underwriter to join a successful team in a global Insurer's Chelmsford branch.
As a Property and Casualty Underwriter, your knowledge within the property and casualty market and relationships with key Brokers will allow you to strive and develop a growing account through retention of existing business, and a hunger to write and win new business. You'll work closely with a range of our key Brokers, to build strong working relationships, in order to be their insurance partner of choice.
We are looking for someone that has an excellent knowledge of the property and casualty market and currently holds senior underwriting authority.
A desire to develop not only yourself but other members of the team is key to the role.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Policy level underwriting with a focus on larger and more complex cases
- Building Broker relationships and delivering outstanding service
- Coaching and taking referrals from less experienced Underwriters
- Proactive leadership to manage the portfolio
- Together with a competitive benefits package and a wealth of training and development opportunities this is a fabulous opportunity for you to progress your career within commercial insurance
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience of underwriting property and casualty insurance
- Awareness of relevant legislation
- Strong analytical capability and technical competence
- ACII qualified or progression towards
- Proven ability to build, develop and maintain Broker relationships
- Excellent communication, coaching and negotiation skills
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Generous pension contributions
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products
- Retail discounts
Please get in touch for more details.
Apply for Senior Property And Casualty Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly