4 days left
- Contract Type
Our Client, a leading Insurer, is growing and looking to recruit more experienced Commercial Underwriters.
They have a market leading reputation regarding the production of bespoke solutions for niche customer groups managed by their broker partners.
As a Schemes Underwriter you will work across the existing portfolio of schemes business as well as the creation of new scheme opportunities.
You'll have responsibility for dealing with the schemes business, dealing not only with underwriting business and servicing partner brokers, but also the opportunity to help drive and shape the wider underwriting strategy and growth.
You'll work with the wider Schemes underwriters, operations, sales and Senior leadership team to drive improvement and profitable growth of the schemes portfolio and play an integral part in realising their ambitions of growing the book considerably - and after the first quarter's success, it's well on it's way!
What you'll be doing as Commercial Scheme Underwriter:
- Responsible for underwriting and managing a portfolio of schemes business
- Delivering exceptional service to your brokers, dealing with referrals and writing more complex business
- In conjunction with the schemes underwriting team, responsible and accountable for the profitable growth of schemes
- Suggest and execute effective growth and underwriting strategies to ensure sustained profitable growth
- Keep abreast of new risks and exposures to ensure market leading position is maintained
- Working with the team to help develop new products and propositions
- As a senior member of the team take an active role in mentoring and developing more junior members of the team
- Taking underwriting ownership, relationship management and accountability for some key strategic broker partners
To be a successful Commercial Scheme Underwriter you will demonstrate:
- Commercial underwriting experience - ideally 5 years of Professional Indemnity risks
- Comfortable analysing and making underwriting recommendations on portfolios of business
- Ability to make a confident decision in difficult and complex situations
- Able to demonstrate influencing and negotiation skills
- Interest in developing as a potential sector expert in a specialist area
Apply for Commercial Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly