MARINE CLAIMS HANDLER TO £40,000
Well established Insurance Organisation have a new role for an experienced Claims Handler within their Marine Claims department.
Reporting directly to the Claims Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties, from the cradle to the grave:
* Receipt of 1st claim notification for accounts, perusal of relevant documentation (in order to determine good order of coverage before passing the notification onto underwriters), liaising with involved markets.
* Coordination between leading market and our following markets throughout a claim's life, ensuring the smoothest process and promptest settlement once claims are eventually approved: continuous updating on estimates and corresponding reserves, gathering of various necessary documents such as survey reports, payment authorities, confirmation of warranties compliance, leaders' approvals, etc.
* Processing of all approved transactions (clients' claims and involved third parties' fees)
* Liaising with our Accounting department to ensure the swiftest collection process and instructing Accounts about payments to beneficiaries.
* Keeping internal files in good order for prompt access to information and in view of possible future auditing, ensuring compliance with our contractual and regulatory requirements.
* Maintain relationships with several external professionals (surveyors, adjusters, lawyers, shipbrokers, lenders, etc.) during the fundamental activity of coordination, which grants the fast and precise settlement of claims.
* Sole responsibility of claims handling of the following two lines of business: Crew PA claim & FAC and Treaty reinsurance.
Experience in the above is essential
Please reply asap
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Claims Handler
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly