Insurance Claims Handler - Entry level
Job Title: Claims Handler
Location: Glasgow - Remote Working Optional
Job type: Permanent, 37.5 hours a week
Innovation Group manages critical incidents in the car and home on behalf of the world's leading insurers, brokers and fleet managers, together with warranty and service plan provision for many OEMs and automotive dealerships, globally. We aim to continually go beyond expectations for our clients and their customers. Each year we process over four million insurance claims, saving leading insurers tens of millions of pounds.
You will provide excellent customer service to policy holders, clients and colleagues as well as being responsible for day to day claims management and general customer focus. Using great communication, both verbally and written, you will be able to communicate to customers and peers from all levels and all walks of life. Working together as part of a team within our Property and Underground Services Department, you will focus on common goals, being supportive and proactive at all times.
- Ensure on a daily basis that all new instructions are accepted/actioned
- All departmental emails are read and actioned accordingly
- Work closely with the team, providing support/assistance where required.
- Work to achieve all KPI's and delivery of first class service
- Develop a focused culture of continual improvement where people develop and contribute to achieving KPI and business goals & also improving the customer journey of a claim
- Liaise with other departments and external clients to ensure customer satisfaction and improvement of processes and procedures
- Report any issues or complaints to the appropriate escalation point.
- Answering the telephone, assist with enquiries, relay messages both verbally and written.
- Update and maintain client files whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Creation and sending of letters recording incoming post and action/signpost any issues arising.
- Any other duties as may be required or requested of you both within your team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate (ideally in Microsoft Office)
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Can work with colleagues within a team(s) to support the activities of the business
- Able to start and complete activities when expected
- Can evaluate facts and recommend decisions
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of customer service handling
- Data Protection legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of drainage preferred
- Diary management
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Claim Experience, Household Insurance Experience, Property Insurance experience, Claim Handling experience, Claims Handler, Insurance Customer Service Advisor, Excellent Customer Service may also be considered for this role.