Senior PMO Analyst
Full time role required to work within IT as a Senior PMO Analyst and Projects Delivery supporting the CIO, Engagement Leads, and Project Managers with delivery, controls, reporting, assurance and provision of other ad hoc PMO and administrative support as necessary.
Manage the successful delivery of projects and/or significant pieces of work from end to end. Working within the governance and process framework provided by the Project Review Board.
The Senior PMO element of the role will facilitate the delivery of multiple projects within the portfolio by providing the necessary support and services at key points in each project's lifecycle and through appropriate interventions in a timely manner to ensure that they are being effectively managed and delivered. Help ensure there is consistency of delivery across projects and that the appropriate administrative support is available.
Provide support to Project Managers in navigating the company project governance and controls requirements
Provide general support of key programme / project governance and control deliverables which include (but not limited to) Financials, RAIDs, Planning support, Reporting and administrative support where required.
The Project Manager's primary responsibility is to work with business stakeholders from across the business to manage the successful delivery of projects and/or significant pieces of work from end to end.
- Assist and support the Project Managers on a wide range of governance and administrative activity including RAID log maintenance, financial management, meeting support, and following up on open actions from various forums
- Provide support to Project Managers in maintaining project plans that support and feed into the overall portfolio management process.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes contained in the Project Management Framework (PMF) are maintained across all supported projects.
- To challenge programme and project managers as required.
- Provide independent assurance of key governance artefacts and processes produced throughout the delivery lifecycle to ensure they are fit for purpose and of appropriate standard
- Co-ordinate the production of appropriate reports and produce project summary reports
- Develop and maintain the Project libraries and filing structures
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the projects
- Assist in managing Programme and Project Change Requests
- Coordinate Steering Committee meetings, collation of data for board packs minute taking and action management
- To track and review Programme financials and benefits including actuals & reforecasts on a monthly basis, reconciliation of Programme budget and tracking of the benefits management plan
- Project and portfolio resource planning and management
- Project and portfolio financial planning and budget management
- End to end project planning
- Invoice management through Concur, monitoring of SoWs/WARs etc
- Running of daily project stand ups and facilitation of any required project/portfolio meetings - working groups, team meetings etc
- Working closely with Engagement Leads and CIO to ensure the successful delivery of projects into production, holding project managers to account
- Liaising with Business stakeholders, CIOs, BAs etc
- Participate in the delivery of Portfolio projects, working with business stakeholders and the Programme Delivery Team ensuring: -
- Consistent delivery to business and adherence to methodology
- Alignment to Business Strategy, IT Strategy and end to end business process
- Active consideration of business change readiness, enabling successful delivery of change
- Work undertaken achieves a clean bill of health from internal and external audits
Skills & experience
- Proven organisational skills and ability to deal with multiple priorities
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with and influence senior stakeholders
- Effective tracking and communication of Actions status
- Good listening and minute taking ability
- Analytical & Problem solving ability
- Experienced MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- MS Project
- PPM toolsets (PPO being a specific advantage)
- Sound knowledge of Prince 2 & MSP methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication and numeracy skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills.
- Experience of delivery using Agile tools and techniques
- Excellent people management skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work in fast moving environment with rapidly evolving targets.
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- 5 years + PMO experience
- Insurance industry experience (preferable)
- To act in accordance with and be an advocate for the business.
- Ensure key documentation/actions are issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time.
- To operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and programme objectives
- Liaise with relevant business and technical areas as needed to ensure programme controls are complied with.
- Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations as required by the company Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder. These may be subject to periodic review and any updates and changes to be introduced after consultation with the person concerned.