We have an exciting entry level opportunity available to graduates and school leavers, to join an established Catastrophe Risk Modelling team. The successful candidate will be trained by a great team of experienced catastrophe modellers, in return we're looking for a technically capable candidate who has a keen interest in the Lloyd's of London market.
The roleThe Catastrophe Analyst may be required to work over a number of lines of business but will be focused on supporting the Terrorism, War and SRCC (Strikes, Riots and Civil Commotion) lines of business. The candidate will be responsible for the cleansing and uploading of data into external modelling tools, such as RMS. They will assist in using modelling tools to facilitate the pricing and underwriting of business and the monitoring of aggregate accumulations. Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Key accountabilities* Data cleansing and entry into third party catastrophe models
* Use third party catastrophe models and in-house tools for pre-underwriting analysis
* Build and maintain a strong relationship with divisional underwriters
* Provide ad hoc reports for underwriting portfolio analysis
* Use third party catastrophe models and in-house tools to assist Senior Catastrophe Analyst in production of quarterly divisional reports
Skills & experienceThe successful candidate will have:
* A strong academic record - Science, Maths or Geography are desirable
* Good MS Office skills, specifically Excel skills
* Demonstrate sound numerical and organisational skills