Senior Director - US PI
4 days left
- Contract Type
The Risk Management Professional Indemnity team operates in Bermuda and Europe within the wider Specialty Professional Liability function. This position will be based in London, reporting into the Bermudan office. They predominantly focus on large US and multinational professional service business, particularly law firms, architects and engineering organisations, with the capacity to deploy $25m/ £20m on any line. Highly collaborative, internally and externally, they have been steadfast in this space for the last 20 years, building a great reputation as some of the best technical experts in the field. With Underwriting at the heart of what we do, they embrace the toughest deals in the market, which is why our retention of business sits at the highest of levels.
* Analysis and quantification of Professional Indemnity and related risk exposures for a client base of large Professional Service Firms (Lawyers, Accountants, Consultants, Architects & Engineers, Insurance Brokers etc);
* Analysis of coverage and contract language based on industry accepted policy forms;
* Manage book rates, aggregate exposure, and other aspects of book performance;
* Establish and maintain underwriting guidelines and procedures in collaboration with Professional Indemnity Product Line Leader (PLL);
* Negotiate with brokers on premiums, terms and conditions;
* Take lead role in client/underwriter meetings in order to qualify inherent risks and exposures to the Company's policies;
* Cross-sell opportunities to existing customers through the promotion of the Company's products and services;
* Assist in the development and implementation of new products;
* Ability to work extended hours and travel at short notice.
Skills & experience
* Strong Professional Liability experience with a focus on Professional Indemnity, Management Liability and Employment Practices Liability underwriting for large Professional Service firms;
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in business or related field;
* Extensive experience with industry accepted policy forms and strong working knowledge of applicable endorsement wordings;
* Experience with Office, and other standard computer tools;
* Proven experience required in a sales production role;
* Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and excellent negotiation skills;
* Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving/decision making abilities;
* Proven management experience and/or have successfully completed a recognized management training
* Demonstrable experience of cross-selling to existing customers through the promotion of the Company's products and services.