Head of Partnership Development
The roleThe client operates a multi-channel focused sales structure, with each channel ultimately reporting into the UK Sales and Marketing Director. The role of Head of Partnership Developement has been created to mould and develop their insurance, tax and law capability into solutions for them to offer to a wide range of membership, affinity and partnership organisations - either to them or through them to their customers. The partnership channel has been prioritised as part of the client's 2025 growth strategy in the UK business as a key contributor towards their growth to 2025 and beyond.
They already have some significant partnership relationships that have been acquitted/developed over time. However, these relationships have been explored on an opportunistic basis and we are looking for an individual to join the organisation to craft a clear growth strategy in this space and build a team to deliver against this strategic commitment.
- Work with their strategy, insurance, tax and law teams to determine a clear partnership strategy to support their target growth ambition to 2025 and beyond.
- Distribution to be focused on networks, membership organisations, franchises for their added value services and potentially bespoke insurance solutions - as well as evaluating affinity and partnerships for the same.
- Build a team structure to meet the support, marketing and relationship management of new deals won and embedded, recruiting appropriate talent into the business as commercials allow.
- Responsible for building the required partnership, affinity, membership prospect pipeline and delivering clearly articulated and well thought through proposition for the business to drive revenue from these relationships
- Build individual partnership development plans and activity to drive target revenues for each relationship - collectively meeting the 5 year growth objective outlined in their UK Strategy
- Own and manage these partner relationships to deliver on targeted growth objectives, delivery of agreed partnership plans and revenue and retain these relationships
- Responsible for executing pipeline being delivered from targeted partners and ensuring we deliver appropriate service SLAs and optimise conversion
- Support strategic broker deals where these are providing opportunity and pipeline for partnership introductions.
- Work effectively with the operations and commercial team to ensure partnership propositions are built and executed effectively and with full engagement/buy-in form all internal stakeholders
- Support the strategic review of the partnership marketplace - by articulating existing schemes and relationships they can aim to replace as well as define new and innovative solutions to take to market
- Own both top line and bottom line results from partner channel production
Skills & experience
- Proven partnerships background and connectivity - ideally with a proven track record of partnership growth with membership/network/affinity/partnership engagements
- Strong and demonstrable people management skills - ideally within a broker and underwriting environment
- Evidence of effective workflow management for new business quotations and broker engagement
- Proven track record of delivering results to target in a partnership sales environment
- Experience of working in a sales leadership team - driving and contributing to sales and product strategies, supporting and responding to marketing developments, providing data and fact based arguments and evidence from which to make decisions
- Strong understanding and insight about people and roles/responsibilities
- Able to evidence a high standard of communication and organisation skills