Avencia consulting is working with a growing commercial insurance business, with a vacancy for a junior insurance professional to join one of their acclaimed teams as an Assistant Underwriter.
Candidates can expect a supportive, friendly team to help train and guide new starters to the underwriting realm/develop underwriting knowledge within a new area - legal expenses.
This client are leading providers of legal expenses insurance to the SME, commercial mid-corporate and corporate market, for over 25 years, their vision has been to provide the complete solution to our customers' everyday legal needs.
They provide innovative, sustainable solutions to risk manage and insure against the legal risks faced by the business community in the twenty-first century. Their clients are their distribution partners comprising of insurance brokers, trade & affinity groups, insurers and professional organisations who sell and distribute our products and services to their clients and members.
The role of the Assistant Underwriter is to work as part of a team providing an excellent underwriting service to our Brokers in the UK. You will work closely with other Underwriters and as a member of the wider BTE team. You will be required to develop and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- You'll assist the team across a variety of areas, including supporting with new business development, underwriting renewal accounts, via Schemes (Delegated and Master Policy) and Standalone LEI risks, completing front sheets and issuing policy documentation.
- Building and maintaining broker relationships.
- Provide an excellent underwriting service to our brokers whether emanating from broker e-trading platforms, or by email, phone and/or client meetings as appropriate to the task to ensure objectives are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Monitor and follow up quotes with brokers with the purpose of winning business.
- Be at the front line of incoming calls to the underwriting team making sure calls are answered and actioned promptly and professionally.
- Manage new business cases working as appropriate with the broker to secure.
- Work closely with other company departments in particular sales and credit control/finance
- Deal with Bordereaux processing queries
- Liaise with the Delegated Processing Team
- Main underwriting referral point for the broker e-trade database Acturis.
- Adherence to FCA regulatory requirements.
Skills & experience
- Have Insurance experience
- Be able to demonstrate excellent customer services skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook and must become fully competent with our in-house systems.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills