Assistant Underwriter - CAT Treaty
Assistant Underwriter - Reinsurance CAT Treaty
Salary to £40,000
City office & WFH split agile working
The Assistant Underwriter is a key member of the underwriting team, the individual will have a level of authority in collaboration with the senior underwriters to help make sound underwriting decisions and contribute thinking and output to operational delivery of the strategy.
- Profitably assist underwriters to issue a quote, underwrite and service allocated accounts and operate within agreed authority parameters.
- Work closely with Claims in reviewing and recommend action on contentious claims and to monitor claims movements on accounts.
- Ensure all risk documents are scanned onto the underwriting workflow system and indexed accurately and in a timely manner
- Enter all risk details on to the underwriting system, ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Prepare base rating files for review and discussion
- Conduct accuracy checks on the work of the other underwriting assistants
- Ensure the effective development of client / broker relationships.
- Participate in the monitoring of premium payments.
- Participate in the monitoring of underwriting against the Business Plan drawing attention to exceptions where identified.
- Assistance with exposure management and aggregate capture work as well as RDS (Realistic Disaster Scenario)
- Liaison with Modelling (RMS AIR etc…)
- Liaison with Actuarial
- Assistance with resolving standard risk review queries
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A technical understanding of Property Catastrophe reinsurance.
- Familiarity with the functions of the Lloyds/Company market
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Be a strong and confident communicator
- Problem solving skills
- Enjoy learning and developing new skills
Ref - 8235
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.