Avencia consulting is hiring an Assistant Underwriter to join an established UK Construction underwriting team, within a Lloyd's syndicate.
To appropriately underwrite risks and support the respective underwriting team in accordance with the business plan and within delegated underwriting authority with the company's values demonstrated in the delivery and performance. This role will support 2 senior underwriters, the successful applicant will ideally want to progress into an underwriting role and gain authority.
- Awareness of and contribution to the delivery of the divisional business plan, referring to more Senior/Underwriters as appropriate
- Participate in all relevant meetings, in order to share and develop strategy, knowledge and best practice
- Positively promote the department, division and company as a whole, in order to maximize brand leverage
- Apply the reinsurance strategy in order to safeguard the portfolio, referring to more Senior/Underwriters as appropriate
- Ensures the recording and measurement of insurance risks, including delegated underwriting authorities (DUA's) where relevant, to ensure accuracy and good practice, developing an understanding on modifying or developing policy wordings
- Establishes, develops and strengthens relationships with stakeholders including customers, brokers, business partners and colleagues to maximise influence and achieve business objectives
- Some knowledge of market for specific class/portfolio
- Education experience up to A-level or equivalent (preferable)
- Undertaking/Interest in completing industry qualification e.g. CII (preferable)
- Experience of working in an underwriting environment within a specialised/complex underwriting area (preferable)
- Experience of resolving underwriting queries