Avencia consulting are recruiting either an underwriting assistant or assistant underwriter to join an impressive Marine Underwriting team.
More broadly the Company currently writes lines of business including; speciality insurance: aviation & aerospace, energy, marine, property, credit & political risk, and other speciality; reinsurance: property reinsurance, property retrocession, speciality reinsurance, whole account/multi-class.
Reporting to the Senior Underwriter, the primary purpose of the role is to assist in underwriting a portfolio of (re)insurance business. This includes analysing and maintaining the accuracy of all (re)insurance data and records with the ultimate goal of ensuring that business' interests are properly managed and protected.
- Participate in the underwriting process including a daily underwriting call, assisting in the evaluation of submissions, analysing and interpreting exposures, determining coverage and contract language as well as evaluating and prioritising preparations.
- Provide input for the production of underwriting reports.
- Assist and work with risk modeling and pricing tools.
- Attend underwriting business meetings as required.
- Leverage, build and maintain brokers relationships
- Work closely with other group departments to obtain and provide information as required.
- Monitor market developments and remain current regarding knowledge of all relevant classes of business, and legislated and regulatory changes.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of underwriting data in group underwriting systems.
- Maintain and adhere to group underwriting procedures, controls and systems under remit and report any trigger/alert factors that have the potential to negatively impact the reputation or financial position of the firm.
- Monitor and follow up on payments for outstanding premiums.
- Provide assistance to prepare and issue quotes, binders and policies on an accurate and timely basis.
- Expand existing portfolio of business by developing existing relationships and new prospective clients through visits, entertainment and conferences as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external underwriting regulations, liaising as appropriate with external bodies such as brokers, clients, auditors and regulators as required.