Market leading specialty insurer are looking to expand their Reserving team with the addition of an AVP, Corporate Reserving. An opportunity exists to be involved in a wide variety of projects leading to commercial visibility.
This position will be responsible for supporting the UK Chief Actuary, the Corporate Reserving Actuary and the Group Chief Reserving Actuary in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Support the Solvency 2 reporting requirements for the UK entities, ABL and Group, as required, with assistance from the reserving team actuarial analysts.
- Preparation, with assistance from the reserving teams, for the AFH reports for the UK Entities.
- Collaborate with pricing to integrate pricing data and perspectives into the reserving process and the profitability outlook.
- Support the reserving teams' workflow to ensure that the reserving team is well positioned to support the needs of each business unit.
- Assist in the coordination and comparison of results from the annual external reserve review.
- Assist with providing necessary data and information where necessary to help the audit process.
- Seek opportunities to improve processes to enhance effectiveness and efficiency and share knowledge to benefit the broader organization.
Skills & experience
- A university degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent) preferable but not essential.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in actuarial roles with a leading insurer and or reinsurer or at an actuarial consulting firm.
- Knowledge of UK regulatory reporting advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills. This individual must have the ability to articulate actuarial concepts to regulators and non-actuarial audiences.
- Superior interpersonal skills.