Market leading specialty insurer are looking to expand their Reserving team with the addition of an AVP, Reinsurance Reserving.
To support the Manager of Reinsurance Reserving with the delivery of the Reinsurance Actuarial Reserving Team's objectives; to provide high quality statistical analysis and communication to key stakeholders.
To support the quarterly reserving exercise, including:
- Developing a thorough understanding of relevant data sources and systems;
- Completing quarterly reserving exercise for assigned lines of business;
- Developing an understanding of the business and continuing to follow market trends;
- Peer reviewing junior team members' work;
- Presenting findings to underwriters and other key stakeholders, as required;
- Helping to improve the reserving process;
- Answering queries from key stakeholders on reserving results.
- To analyse and report to the team Manager on reserving issues, claims trends and key risks and uncertainties
- To support quarterly and year end reporting for reserving
- To support the business planning process, as required
- To assist Risk Management and Capital Modelling by supplying appropriate information
- To actively engage with the Actuarial Pricing team and promote cross-discipline knowledge sharing and consistency
Skills & experience
- Completion and attainment of an honours degree, ideally with mathematical content
- Progress towards completion of an Actuarial qualification in the UK, US or Europe / newly qualified
- 4+ years of working within a General Insurance actuarial role; reserving experience preferred/ pricing experienced considered.