CASH TECHNICIAN - £30,000 to £35,000
Reporting to the (Assistant) Manager - Operations or Head of Operations, the Cash Technician will be responsible for all aspects of cash management for the reinsurance transactions in our risk and accounting systems for all books of business written across multiple balance sheets.
- Working closely with the Underwriting and Finance as part of the Operations team:
- Reconciliation of Broker/Cedant Statement of Accounts.
- Booking and applying/matching of cash receipts and disbursements in reinsurance accounting system
- Processing of all financial account messages
- Working with technical/claims teams to resolve issues whereby cash cannot be allocated to accounts
- Monitor accounts receivable and reports for overdue accounts (e.g. 60, 90 and 120 days) and follow up on all overdue accounts on a timely basis.
- Review cash in suspense balances and follow up on a timely basis
- Preparation and analysis of AR gross up
- Liaise with brokers/coverholders and clients to resolve aged debt issues.
- Maintenance of documentation of anticipated receipts, cash disbursements and broker queries/follow-ups.
- Management of all intercompany payments and receipts.
- Provide regular updates to team and manager
- Assist in creating efficiencies and value creation (review existing processing and propose updates/changes as appropriate)
- Participate in any special projects or ad hoc tasks that may be required by either Internal or external parties.
- Ensure all functions are carried out with a high degree of quality, in a timely manner.
- London Specific:
- Submission of all LPANS for direct payments/receipts.
- Authorisation of any LORS entireties received.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Lloyds/ London Market Knowledge essential
- Team player
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.