An exciting opportunity for someone with reinsurance to progress in claims. The Claims Adjuster will be part of a growing international team.
To adjust claims within a designated individual authority limit and assist in the technical management and control of a claims portfolio to provide a prompt and efficient service to the market and to protect the Company's financial interests by ensuring the validity of claim payments and adequate reserving.
- Adjust, and authorise claim settlements and fees within a designated individual authority limit.
- Liaise and negotiate with clients, brokers, loss adjusters and lawyers in the adjustment and settlement of claims, including UK & Overseas travel where necessary.
- Work closely with and audit external service providers.
- Process advices and settlements on CLASS and internal workflow systems
- Assist with the preparation for and participate in the client auditing/visiting programme, when requested and appropriate, including UK & Overseas travel where necessary
- Deal with telephone and correspondence queries for brokers and clients and make appropriate referrals.
- Organise the provision of administrative services, maintain records and provide management information.
- Operate and utilise the in-house IT system and that of external service providers for data input, reporting, data interrogation and report generation as required, including:
- Review and chase up of non moving claims
- Manual entry of claims data onto internal systems
- Large loss reporting
- Coding of claims (event coding, triage/volatility codes)
- Monitor aggregate excess programmes.
- Report production and circulation including input, updating, review and interrogation of claims data.
Skills & experience
- Educations to GCSE A levels at least
- Preferably ACII qualified or working towards
- Minimum 5 years related experience in the UK and International Casualty Insurance Claims environment
- Good interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication, organisation, numerical and verbal reasoning, analytical
- Good IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar packages, Database software.
- Proficient on Class and Subscribe