A global insurer who are leader in liability insurance for local businesses. We are developing a series of sector propositions which combine a comprehensive insurance solution for the sector along with business growth services including tax, funding, legal advice and consultancy services incorporated into the sector proposition. We will continue to grow the fee protection insurance business in line with our ambitious growth targets.
The Claims team deal with assessing and managing indemnity provided to policyholders for the purpose of pursuing a range of legal action, including personal injury, clinical negligence, professional negligence and insolvency. The role of Claims Handler will be to assess legal expenses insurance (LEI) claims.
- A Claims Handler provides an efficient claims handling services to all customers by responding to claims using excellent written and call handling skills, in line with department service standards and internal/external service level requirements.
- Claims Handlers will handle claims from start to conclusion, which involves investigating the validity of a claim and assessing legal costs in line with the terms and conditions of the relevant policy.
- Data input, ensuring all information is captured and inputted onto the internal system (Websure)
- The Claims Handler will mainly liaise with solicitors and on occasion, costs lawyers.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional communication skills are required, together with a skill for evaluating legal documents.
- Enquiring and inquisitive, with the ability to identify areas of challenge and to articulate reasoned arguments to legal professionals.
- Excellent time management skills, in order to adhere to demanding service level standards and maintain an active case load.
- Previous claims handling experience.
- Previous experience within the insurance or legal industry.
- Good understanding of the legal industry.