Bikmo is a market-leading cycle insurance broker with a mission to protect the world’s riders, cycling businesses, and the places we ride.
Our products protect over 75,000 riders across the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria, and we’re trusted by partner brands including British Cycling, Brompton and Cyclescheme. Having recently secured new investor support, we’ve got really exciting growth plans ahead.
Launched in 2021, Bikmo for Business provides protection for cycling and mobility sector businesses, with insurance products and services tailored to help our clients to thrive.
We currently support retailers, cycle events and large bike fleet managers, and we’re proud to hold a large long-term account protecting food delivery riders across the UK.
Bikmo’s values are strong, and influence our day-to-day actions and decisions as we strive to do better for our people and planet. Bikmo is a BCorp and 1% For The Planet Member, with clear social and environmental goals that align with our company mission.
About the Role
We’ve proven demand for commercial insurance services in our sector, and we’ve got a bunch of great clients benefitting from Bikmo advice and protection we’ve brokered from our range of insurance products.
We’re looking for the right person to prepare Bikmo for Business for growth, so we can protect more awesome businesses across a diverse mix of business types. Once you’ve got to grips with our current position, you’ll lead the way with the product development strategy to meet the strong demand we’re seeing.
- Full time, 38hr/pw, Mon-Fri.
- This role is UK based. We are a hybrid working company but open to considering remote options within the UK. Our office spaces are located in Chester + Innsbruck.
- Need to be mobile within the UK for the purpose of business travel including meetings and networking events.
How you will contribute
Your sense of purpose, and satisfaction will come from:
- Providing honest, clear and professional advice to cycling sector businesses giving more certainty in uncertain times.
- Supporting real people and businesses when they need it the most.
- Playing a role in building resilience in a sector which has a crucial role in addressing the biggest global challenges we face, from climate to health.
- Providing protection to allow individuals and businesses to focus on their passion.
- Being a part of a business with the ethos, values and drive to make a difference.
- To develop, own and deliver the Bikmo for Business product strategy.
- To collaborate with existing and new insurers, brokers and intermediaries, to widen and deepen our access to product in order to meet more sector demand.
- To account manage our existing commercial clients, including bike shops, event organisers and a large accident and health group policy account.
- To provide trustworthy and reliable advice to businesses on their insurance and where possible to offer a recommendation and product.
- To identify the additional resources and team members you’ll need to fill experience gaps and to grow the Bikmo for Business service.
- To improve efficiency in Bikmo for Business, from recommendation to renewals, so we can scale as painlessly as possible.
- To report back performance and MI to the wider team and insurers.
- To embody the Bikmo values and ethos in all that you do.
- Provide guidance, support and an extra pair of hands in developing our consumer product lines
What we offer;
First of all, we offer a work environment based on trust, responsibility and flexibility. Additionally, wellbeing is important to us which is why our package covered a vast range of financial and health and wellbeing benefits. Too many to list them all.
- Discounted cycling goods + insurance products for you, your family and friends
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Share Options Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Referral bonus
- Mental Health & Wellbeing support
- Support for neurodiversity
- Ride days for when you need to get away from your desk and enjoy the trails.
- Volunteering days to support other organisations doing great things.
- Our benefits also cover a wide range of great time off policies to provide you that peace of mind that we will support you should you need it.
What we are looking for;
We are open to consider people from all backgrounds who meet the criteria below however we would be especially interested in people with development underwriting experience from insurers or MGAs, or with experience of establishing a brokerage.
If you have a mix of the following skills and attributes then you might be just what we are looking for;
- A CII qualification or equivalent through working experience.
- Experience working within the insurance sector.
- Establishing agencies and relationships with insurers.
- Strong understanding of insurance principles and theory.
It would be a bonus if you have the following experience;
- Ability to advise businesses, recommend and issue suitable cover
- Past sales experience in the insurance sector
- Experience across multiple product types and lines
- A passion for bikes and the outdoors - most of the team ride, and love the outdoors.
- Cycling industry experience - understanding of our client’s business and industry.
- Team management - experience in growing and leading a team.
Personal attributes we are looking for:
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Willingness to learn
- Creativity - this comes in many forms
- Well organised & efficient
You don't feel like you're matching 100% of the criteria? We encourage you to apply anyway! It is most important to have the right mindset! We also actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups within the cycling and insurance industry.
Bikmo is an equal opportunities employer, this means we recruit, develop and compensate regardless of differences. We value diversity. Everybody is unique and this should be celebrated. We want Bikmo to be a place where people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
To continue the conversation just click the apply now button and attach a short cover letter + your CV. We love to hear how your own values and experiences align with the role.
Closing date Thursday 30th November 2023.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you through our recruitment process please get in touch.
By applying for this role you are giving Bikmo consent to use the information you provide to process your job application in accordance with GDPR regulations.