Jobs like this involve the delivery of technical expertise to drive positive results both on individual claims and for the claims department as whole. Your time will be split between:
- Acting as a primary source of technical referral for claims handlers and leaders in the Property claims team
- Providing technical development / coaching of team members
- ensuring the correct technical outcomes on supplier supported claims [particularly managed Repairs or buildings loss validations]
- Managing a caseload of some of our higher value and more complex claims, particularly those where external adjusters are acting without delegated authority
- supporting the development and delivery of indemnity saving initiatives
- Recommending and driving process Improvements utilising Continuous Improvement methodology.
- Acting as a technical authority in the review, support and resolution of claims, including complaints, in order to achieve optimum settlement in line with established standards and procedures.
- Increasing the breadth and depth of technical knowledge within the Commercial claims teams
- Controlling and influencing the positive outcome of managed repair claims
- Control of the business leakage results to agreed KPIs
- Coaching and training within the Commercial claims teams to improve customer outcomes and handlers technical capability across the department.
- Delivering technical oversight and constructive challenge on claims involving external adjusters
- Supporting the development and delivery of technical best practice & claims initiatives
- Contribution towards meeting and exceeding targets for leakage on claims spend
- Taking self-responsibility for their own continuing technical development
Core Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding RSA’s Propositions – Intermediate
- Delighting customers – Advanced
- Understanding the Market Place – Intermediate
- Understanding RSA – Intermediate
- Building Effective Relationships – Advanced
- Making Change Happen – Advanced
- Understanding data – Advanced
- Uses Judgment – Advanced
- Communicating effectively – Advanced
- Commercial Property technical claims handling background [at least 5 years at a well-established level]
- Strong policy contract interpretation skill essential
- Previous adjusting experience desirable [may not be essential – dependent on strength of candidates other qualities]
- Previous use of scoping technology and awareness of standard construction methods desirable
- Coaching experience preferred
- Regular experience of successfully resolving challenging technical issues using knowledge of key legal precedents and FOS decision making themes
- Industry qualifications held (CII/CILA), or willingness to obtain / progress further
BDMA accreditation achieved or willingness to obtain
If this sounds like a role you are interested in then please apply
A welcoming, diverse and inclusive culture is an important element for RSA in our best-in-class ambition. RSA thrives when everyone feels comfortable bringing their best self to work. We celebrate difference, whilst striving to create an environment where colleagues feel respected and valued for their unique potential. Our commitment to diversity is sincere, continually growing and led right from the top.
If you require flexibility in when, where or how you work, we’d love to hear from you. We also want to ensure that you are supported throughout the application process to enable you to be at your best. If you require adjustments during your application process, please flag this on your application form.