Compliance Officer - Insurance
£40,000 to £60,000 d.o.e + benefits package
Based in the City of London with WFH flexibility
An opportunity to expand and progress your career by joining a leading insurance group that operates in the domestic and international Lloyds market as well as providing underwriting solutions under delegated authorities.
- Support the Segment Head of Risk and Compliance to deliver the functions key objectives.
- Provide the business support to understand and adopt regulatory change requirements, provide advice, guidance and challenge in the application of regulatory requirements.
- Support the business in the review of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Service Level Agreements or other legal agreements.
- Support the Financial Crime lead on Sanctions referrals and ad hoc Sanctions queries.
- Take a lead role in supporting the business in reviewing and recording of Terms of Business Agreements.
- Manage and prepare regulatory submissions.
- Assist the Overseas Office lead to manage, prepare and monitor overseas licensing application and submissions.
- Support the segment Compliance Manager to ensure the firm has appropriate second line oversight of business practices/processes that are intended to ensure our operations are compliant at all levels.
- Support the function in liaising with Group Internal Audit, Group Compliance Monitoring and External Auditors to provide relevant requested information and manage any resulting actions points identified by reviews undertaken.
- Assist the Segment Risk and Compliance Director with the provision of information and updates to be included within Board packs and/or discussion papers and support the function for segment or Group committees as required.
- Assist the function in ensuring the segment policies and procedures are reviewed and updated at least annually.
- Assisting the Segment Risk and Compliance Director in segment and Group regulatory change projects as and when required, including annual reviews of integrated regulatory change.
Technical expertise required:
- At least 2 years experience in a Risk and Compliance field. Experience of managing projects, particularly in the area of risk, compliance and governance preferred.
- Current and actively maintained knowledge of the regulatory environment, including good knowledge of the FCA handbook and how the relevant regulator(s), including overseas as applicable, operate. Able to apply this in a practical way to business processes, procedures and controls.
Ref ~ 8336
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.