The Wholesale division is comprised of six underwriting teams (Cyber, Energy, Equine & Livestock, Marine, Professional & Financial Risks, and Trade Credit, Political Risk & Surety), as well as an award winning claims team, underwriting support, delegated underwriting and strategic business development. We have staff around the world with a significant presence in Asia and the US, in addition to the London market.
Our teams operate as 'One Wholesale', working together towards our goal to be one of the world's great speciality insurers. We work collaboratively both within Wholesale and across the wider organisation, and because we work as one we are able to create the best solutions possible for our clients and provide exceptional development opportunities for our staff.
The Wholesale Operations Department is going through a period of change, shifting from focusing on traditional processing activity to a 21st century operating model that will position the company for future scalable growth. Working with key partners across Wholesale underwriting, claims, IT and Data, the team must win hearts and minds by setting a clear and implementable vision for strategic change. This is whilst seeking opportunities for incremental improvements within existing processes.
Duties and accountabilities:
- Support the Operations Director in defining and implementing the Wholesale Target Operating Model
- Work with the Wholesale underwriting, claims and support teams to find opportunities for process improvement
- Act as a central coordination point for process improvement prioritisation and solutioning
- Work with internal delivery teams and external vendors to deliver agreed process improvements
- Develop and maintain operational KPIs
- Attend Future@Lloyd's and other related market forums to ensure the business is up to date on the latest market developments, can plan accordingly and has a voice on changes that impact the business
- Coordinate ongoing operational resilience activity on behalf of Wholesale and National Markets UK, including tracking closure of operational resilience gaps ahead of the March 2025 deadline, as well as any agreed improvements in Operational Resilience methodology
- Coordinate programme of operational resilience scenario testing, working closely with existing BCP processes and owners
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A track record of process improvement initiatives within the insurance industry
- Experience of or qualifications in Lean Six Sigma methodologies would be beneficial
- A strong ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, with the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
- A hands-on approach, with high energy levels and self-motivation
- A familiarity with Sequel systems (including Eclipse) and Docosoft (claims management system) would be beneficial