Data Business Analyst - IFRS17 - £70K PA + Bonus & Other Benefits
My client is globally recognised, award winning specialist Insurer within the London market. The brand is well established and operates across multiple lines of Specialty Insurance. The business are currently looking for a Data Business Analyst to join an integral part of the technology and data team.
The Finance team is on a journey to improve the quality and availability of data as part of a large scale Finance programme. In addition, the introduction of IFRS17 reporting requirements has increased the need and complexity of data analysis from the finance data warehouse.
This role will be responsible for capturing and analysing data and reporting requirements, conducting data gap analysis and completing impact analysis. A key part of this role would be to work with finance and other business areas to understand their requirements and be the conduit between the business and data team.
The Data Business Analyst will be accountable for:
- Act as a "product owner" for Finance data warehouse backlog.
- Conduct and analyse feasibility studies/impact assessments arising from a change to technology, business and/or external factors.
- Conduct workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Capture & analyse data and reporting business requirements and convert these into Epics, Features, Prototypes and User Stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- Identify data gaps and complete data analysis (e.g., impact, quality, migration & reconciliation)
- Define, model and document reporting solutions and data integrations.
- Analyse and document "as is" process and model the "to be" business processes.
- Ensure development community has a clear & complete understanding of the requirements.
- Conduct/facilitate acceptance tests for solutions with user community, including development of UAT test scenario and test scripts.
- Develop and deliver training and supplemental materials
- Communicate progress, issues and risks to the project manager and key stakeholders.
- Multiple experiences acting as an analyst in a commercial environment, especially in the delivery of data warehousing products.
- Good knowledge of insurance industry and/or having worked in the Finance domain.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies.
- Experience of working with external third-party suppliers to achieve goals aligned to the corporate strategy.
- Great analytical skills with good business acumen.
- Able to recognise potential assignments outside areas of specialisation, challenge current processes and willing to suggest new ideas and change.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the business from senior management downwards and fully experienced at dealing with business users.
- Team player, pro-active, confident and logical.
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the Insurance and Tech industry.
- Proficient in MS SQL and able to write queries for data analysis and investigate further through scripts for determining logic implemented.
- Experience in developing reconciliation reports based on SQL and Excel.
- Able to see the bigger picture and challenge the status quo