To assist in providing a regional underwriting service to help the Company continue developing portfolios of profitable Commercial Lines business accurately and in line with the Company’s established Underwriting practices.
To target and develop strong regional broker relationships and maximise the business opportunities that can be driven from this.
To undertake general underwriting activities, dealing with Broker’s queries and correspondence, including the accurate input to the computer system of policy information and the timely issuance of Policy documentation.
Specific Underwriting responsibilities include:
1. Risk selection - identifying risks that will make a positive contribution to the bottom line.
2. Pricing - selecting and balancing the technical and competitive rate for the risk.
3. Negotiation of pricing and acceptable terms to secure business.
4. Risk Management including selection of risks requiring risk management, interpretation of reports, application of terms and requirements and subsequent follow up including revision of terms upon completion or ultimately the withdrawal of cover.
5. Application of appropriate cover restrictions, warranties, clauses and policy terms and conditions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Referring unusual cases or those beyond authority limits to the appropriate Senior Underwriter or Manager with documented proposals.
- Dealing with technical referrals from Brokers and or the Claims department on policy wording and cover particularly in resolving disputes on interpretation and or application of policy terms and conditions.
- Upholding the integrity of the Company’s approach to Customer Service including the specific areas of Treating Customers Fairly and Contract Certainty.
- Ensuring all customer feedback in particular complaints are identified and recorded in the appropriate manner.
- Working with the Company to identify target brokers and agree work plans.
- Undertaking regular visits of your broker panel to develop a profitable and mutually beneficial relationship.
- Identifying opportunities for growth deals with your panel of brokers including the provision of written reports to support your recommendations including due diligence reviews.