We are excited to bring to market, an opportunity to join our well established and successful team, as a Development Underwriter, based around the Hampshire (Southampton / Bournemouth) area.
You will play a key role in helping us to achieve our targets by driving profitable growth through mid-market and corporate clients, by underwriting risks within agreed authority levels to maximise income whilst developing key relationships with brokers in line with company objectives. Effectively promote and deploy AXA’s strategy, product, propositions and key differentiators in order to leverage new business and renewal opportunities.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as the face of AXA in presenting propositions for larger MM and MC risks based on industry knowledge and high underwriting expertise, subject to the scale and complexity of the case.
- Works with TUs to negotiate coverage, wordings and pricing that differentiate AXA to meet customer needs.
- Proactively develop a robust pipeline of MM and MC qualified growth opportunities leveraging both client and broker relationships and ensure pipeline is effectively managed and realised.
- Proactively lead and fully embed the LCM process for new business.
- Proactively lead the development of broker relationships, sometimes client, across the Region, taking full ownership for the generation and placement of profitable commercial business from self-sourced.
- Underwrite profitable new business, in line with AXA established underwriting controls and practises and act as a referral point in branch across NB and, at times, renewals.
- Develop and maintain a quality distribution strategy and communication plan with key influential brokers to ensure financial KPIs achieved.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the performance of regions’ book (COR, Rate, Retention, Hot Spot trades, profit drivers and underwriting circular).
- Support other Regions where appropriate aligned to own areas of underwriting/trade segment/industry expertise.
- Act in line with underwriting license, holding regular reviews with Branch Underwriting manager
Specialist Skills & Experience
- Deep technical UW knowledge with at least 5 years’ experience in 2 or more mid-market classes
- Proven track record in underwriting Mid-Market and mid corporate business.
- Track record of securing and retaining business of large scale and complex business through developed senior broker/customer relationships
- Evidence of previous technical and sales experience extending to effective pipeline management
- DIP Qualified or equivalent
- Broker relationship management.
- Customer relationship management.
- Communication & presentation and interpersonal skills
- Personal impact and influence
- Negotiation & persuasion
- Risk selection & assessment
- Insight development
- Risk advisory
- Portfolio management
What We Offer
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.