My client is a globally recognised Insurer who operates across several different lines of business. The business finds themselves in a unique position where they are building a brand new marketing team. This role will lead a dynamic team of new proactive marketing and communication professionals who will deliver a broad range of services to the businesses internal business functions, the Lloyd's, commercial and specialty business units and to the businesses geographical field network.
- Leads the creation and implementation of the overall marketing and communications vision, strategy and plan to deliver corporate goals.
- Develop and run a clear and consistent marketing service proposition that supports the requirements of the International segment.
- Proactively develops and maintains first class relationships with internal stakeholders and leadership team to enable superior understanding and outcomes.
- Manages an effective marketing and communications function, continually developing and enhancing capability and talent in equal measure.
- Creates a high performing marketing and communications team through the attraction, development and retention of top talent.
- Monitors and measure the effectiveness of all marketing/communications activity through robust KPI's to demonstrate ROI.
- Negotiates and manages the annual marketing budget and cost centre.
- Develops and oversees the delivery of a corporate communications strategy to build the organisation's brand and reputation internally and externally.
- Responsible for brand management and communicating the businesses mission, message, strategies and values across all channels, internal and external.
- Ensures that the integrity of the brand is maintained and promoted at all times.
- Promote position as the industry's thought leader through integrated campaigns including collateral, digital and social media, industry events and advertising/public relations.
- Identifies and effectively utilises a range of suitable channels and creative methodologies to deliver successful results including but not limited to digital marketing and leveraging full US resources as necessary.
- Ensures thoughtful, innovative and proactive internal communication across the business that informs, inspires and motivates our talent.
Skills and experience required:
- Leads with energy to inspire others.
- Strong track record in senior marketing positions, motivating and managing a high performing team.
- Proactive networker, builds great relationships internally and externally and at all levels.
- Capable of managing and working in a matrix environment and can adapt approach for effective use in multiple international markets.
- Ability to improve and develop function and work within existing parameters, while retaining an intellectually creative approach to seize opportunities to improve.
- Capable of galvanising the different business segments to deliver a joined up message that showcases us as the number one solutions provider.
- Knowledge of business-related software such as Salesforce and Marketo (or equivalent marketing automation programs).
- Media aware and trained.
- Typically more practical marketing, communications and PR experience, preferably in an insurance company or Broker but not critical.
If the idea of building a new team in one of the most recognised global insurers excites you then please apply now and I will be in touch shortly.