Avencia consulting are partnered with a global provider of insurance and reinsurance globally. Their catastrophe risk and exposure management teams are in need of an External Data Coordinator, to project manage the requests for external data in a timely fashion.
This role would be well suited to candidates from a catastrophe/exposure management background who is seeking a more strategic, business facing role.
The purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate data requests to Exposure Management and Cat Risk Management from internal and external stakeholders (e.g. business planning, outwards reinsurance, ACM, or regulators), so that the client has a clear view of all such deliverables, including timings and required resources, and can provide the data with a high level of quality and consistency.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (or the responsible internal person) to understand the required data deliverables, including timings and formats;
- Maintain a calendar or schedule of all such deliverables, and work with stakeholders to ensure all requests are made and recorded with adequate time to provide the data;
- Work on the requests to provide the data, or identify the relevant EM/CRM team member(s) who can provide each relevant data item, and coordinate with them on timings and other requirements;
- Manage and monitor each data request from receipt until delivery, including escalating priorities as required;
- Complete or assist in completing external data returns or reports;
- Maintain records of each request, the data that was delivered, and the working materials used to deliver the data, including any process documentation or notes, so that:
- Knowledge transfer is supported and enabled
- The insurer can more easily supply or prepare data for subsequent requests
- The insurer can review historical data requests and deliverables;
- Ensure and assist with relevant quality control and validation steps on any data that may be delivered externally in any way.
- Carry out regular Cat Risk Management analyst duties from times to time, including deal pricing, portfolio and accumulation tasks, or other ad hoc analyses as may be required.
The holder of this position will be expected to collaborate with colleagues in Underwriting, Cat Risk Management, Exposure Management, Risk Management, and Capital to carry out their duties. They should be comfortable working with colleagues in other time zones over the phone and videoconferences.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver results within agreed-upon deadlines, while multi-tasking and responding to changing business priorities.
Skills & experience
Required skills and attributes:
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to organize and present information from multiple sources in a clear and understandable manner;
- Very strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Very strong Excel skills;
- Ability to access and manipulate data using SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server);
- Highly proficient in manipulating, merging, and cleaning or checking data from multiple sources including internal to the company or external.
The following skills would be highly beneficial:
- Familiarity with Lloyds, PRA, or BMA regulatory processes;
- Hands-on cat modelling, exposure management, or portfolio analysis experience;
- Familiarity with principles of insurance catastrophe models such as RMS and AIR, and their data formats;
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative/analytical field of study;
- Relevant experience in insurance or financial services analytical support.