Due to a departure, a small Lloyd's Broker is seeking a Financial Lines Executive to support two of the Senior Brokers.
The Account Executive will inherit a diverse book of clients, predominantly Financial Institutions, but also Commercial D&O, PI, Cyber and Fintech/ Insurtech business (and a little Commercial Combined). The book is mainly UK retail business but additionally includes Corporate Service Providers on the Isle of Man and they also work with half a dozen introducers. Some clients pay hundreds of thousands pounds and the rest of the book is SME, ranging from £5k to £70k GWP.
This is a cradle to grave broking role with the purpose of administering and growing the book of business. Duties will include:
- Dealing with queries from clients and Insurers
- Providing technical and administrative support to Directors
- Inviting renewals (and completing associated paperwork)
- Broking by email and face to face to Underwriters in both the Lloyd's and Company Markets
- Preparing slips, market submissions, policies, clauses and endorsements
- Attending client meetings with the Senior Brokers
- Completing SODANs (statement of demands and needs)
- Reporting back to the client to provide quotes and make recommendations
- Issuing policy documents/ invoices and chasing payment
- Dealing with claims
The ideal candidate for this role will come from an FI Lloyd's Broking background, but they will also consider those with broader Financial Lines experience, provided they have some experience with FI clients. The Manager will consider Account Handlers looking to step up as long as they have the confidence to meet with clients and Underwriters face to face. Overall they are looking for a well-rounded and technically able individual who can look at Investment Manager policies for example and talk about clauses etc. This a great role who really wants to be involved in the full broking life cycle and have client autonomy.