IDEX are supporting this leading insurance brand in Glasgow who are growing their trading team and looking for an experienced Motor Trade/Fleet Underwriter.
The business have just gone through a modern rebrand and structural improvement process which sets them up perfectly for major growth across the UK regional market.
If you are in underwriting and fancy being part of a business who have just been refurbished with a fresh lick of paint.
What you'll be doing:
Your responsibility will be to win and retain profitable business from brokers in your assigned region. To improve your underwriting and trading skills and those of other Underwriters within the Underwriting Centre. To develop helpful relationships with key Brokers. This will include:
- Support in the delivery of new business financial plan - including delivery of your personal new business GWP target
- Support in the delivery of existing business financial plan (including rate carry and retention)
- Underwrite in accordance with PUA and underwriting guidelines to meet required profit targets
- Carry out daily quote sift
- Deliver quality Broker service in line with Broker segmentation service levels
- Act as a referral point for lower level PUAs and support in improving underwriting capability
- Effective usage and update of tools and systems
- Contribute to wider business activities - including support to Regional Underwriters
- Improve own contribution through active self-development
- Develop effective working relationships with trading regions and underwriting centre to support in delivery of objectives
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role and in line with the employers Risk framework and associated governance frameworks
Who you'll be working with:
You will work within your trading region handling new and existing business. This role is primarily handling new business with the opportunity to deal with existing business if needed. You will join a team of highly skilled professionals who aim to deliver top class service to Regional Brokers. They pride themselves on being a high performing team who work extremely well together to achieve our overall regional goals.